The mission of the program is to develop and strengthen the abilities of the players that are part of the Internet governance ecosystem and policy-making environment with a focus in the region and Argentina.
About the Diploma program
The CETYS proposes, along with CABASE (the Argentine Internet Chamber, for its acronym in Spanish) the launch of the first edition of the Internet Governance Diploma.
The program is mainly aimed at professionals (from both the public and private sectors) from Latin America that work on these topics and look forward to strengthening their foundations and concepts, through region-oriented case studies. It is also targeted at post-graduate students who are searching for a qualified training space in this issue.
- Provide the conceptual and empirical basics to understand the phenomenon of Internet governance from an interdisciplinary perspective.
- Analyze current proposals about the Internet governance and its impact on the digital ecosystem of communications.
- Create a rigorous training space to assist professionals of both the public and private sectors in the development of policies, as well as advanced students from different disciplines.
The topics to address include:
- The Internet ecosystem and its governance
- Public policies and Internet regulation
- Governance of the digital economy
- The governance of cyber security and cyber crime
- Internet governance for development
This program is 52 hours long (42hrs on-site training, 10hrs virtual training).
The on-site training will take place during 6 consecutive days at the university’s campus facilities, from 7 to 12 August, 2017.
The program will be made up of Master class sessions with seminars, workshops and group discussion activities.
The program has invited professors and policy experts from the region, the USA and Europe.
Universidad de San Andrés
A team of highly reputed specialists in the field of Internet Governance contributes to the program for its improvement and sustainability.
Total amount: AR$34.000
Registration opening: 15 March 2017
Submission deadlines: From 15 March to 19 May , 2017
On 22 May selected grant holders will be notified.
Who supports this program?
The following organizations support this Diploma through their funding to the Fellowship Program.